Monday, April 13, 2015

Thai tuna salad with lime dressing

I've discovered this recipe while I was in Thaialnd and asked my friend to teach me how to do. So belive me this recipes is 100 %v original

Ingredients:

500 g tuna (canned)
5 shallots
1  cucumber
2 small romaine lettuces
1 handful of coriander
10 basil leaves
10 mint leaves
Dressing:
100 ml lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons soya sauce
1 clove garlic finely minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 small chili finely minced
1 teaspoon brown sugar

Directions

Clean the salad, slice the cucumber, and mince the shallots and the clove of garlic.
Deseed and finely chop the small chili pepper. Chop the coriander.
Drain and crumble the tuna.
In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
Prepare the sauce. In a bowl combine the lime juice, soya sauce, fish sauce, garlic and sugar together.
Mix and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes for the sauce to get the flavor from the chili.
Add the sauce to the salad and toss well.